Thursday, March 8, 2012

Google Play (20,000 Songs to the Cloud)



Play.Google.Com


At first I was skeptical about what Google Play is.

It looked like a response to Icloud and Itunes as a location to buy and store your digital purchases.

However the more I look at it the more it looks like an evolution as opposed to a response.

I've tried out Spotify, Pandora, Grooveshark and other music streaming service.
I'd dare say that Google isn't doing a streaming service like those listed above.


It's key differences:

1. Web Service : Everything is on the Web Browser, including the music player.
2. Your Music: Up to 20,000 free. More if you pay.
                 To get your songs you can download something called a music manager to sync your songs between your computer and the google cloud.

The Interface : Like I said is within the browser.
It works with my car's on-board music controls and it streams with a slight lag between songs. 



With this said, I think it's a natural progression of cloud computing.
I'll be trying this out a bit more.

Google Play also does streaming Video with what you buy.

David Chiang
3/8/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment